After my interaction with friends and by my own experience, I have realized that everyone knows all the theories and principles about how to be happy and remain motivated to achieve success in life. People would say that they have had enough of theories, if you really want to help then tell us something practically doable. Everybody wants to know the simple and specific how-to-do steps.
I want to tell you my friend that there is no fixed methodology to do that. It depends on person to person. What works for me, might not work for you. What works for you, might not work for your friend.
You will have to find out what works for you. Your way of working on this will be as unique and special as you are.
But the foremost important step is to accept the fact that you really want to do it from the core of your heart. The moment you say to yourself “yes, I want to understand all the said theories and work on them to improve my life”, you are good to go and this is the first step to move forward.
If you’ll keep standing where you already are and wait for a well laid plan then I don’t think you are going to achieve success on this ever in your life. Things do not turn up on their own. It is you who has to take the initiative to add some value in your life.
Human being is that creation of God, who can develop his/her own ways to attain anything in life. If you think that you are not able to or you can’t implement life changing ideas due to any reason, then I am sorry to say that you don’t have enough craving for it. You need to be hungry, really HUNGRY.
Let me explain with an example.
When you land up in a new city due to any reason and you know nothing about the place. But still, you find hotels or restaurants to eat food and stay, you find nearby places to visit. It might take a while but you find everything. You try to explore and find what you want.
How is that possible even when the place is entirely new for you?
Give a thought about it for a moment. You’ll get your answer.
You find ways to get what you want because you know it very clearly “what you really want” and “you are also hungry enough for it” because you need it as you have no way out.
Now, we have arrived at two clear points necessary for success in any endeavor of life.
We need to ask these two questions to ourselves on regular basis:
- What do I really want? – Define clearly what you want with specific details
- Am I hungry enough for that? – Is it just a desire or I really need it? How badly I need it?
Answers to these questions will make your work easy and you will be able to design your own path. Self-introspection would help in finding these answers. It opens doors to inner treasures and brings clarity. But the word “introspection” is an ocean in itself. We are often clueless about how to do it.
Let’s make it simple for you.
Answer to the first question can be found by meditation. Meditation is not as difficult as most of us think of. Meditation for me is to spend some quiet time with my own self.
How can you meditate in a very simple way?
There can be various ways to do it:
- Sit quiet for some time with your own self. You may start with 10-15 minutes and then gradually increase the duration.
- Express gratitude towards God and all the people who have supported you in one way or the other.
- Appreciate your own self for the good things you have done so far. Because you are the major contributor to your current version.
- Contemplate about the areas where you can improve and become better.
- Think about what makes you happy, what kind of work do you enjoy the most and who are the people you get positive vibes from.
- Forgive people for their ignorance and stupidity.
- We are not perfect. We too make silly mistakes. Seek forgiveness from the depth of your Heart.
- Find the true meaning of happiness and love for you.
- Spend some quality time in nature on daily basis, be it your garden, park or any other place which refreshes you. Be with yourself in that moment. Enjoy your own company.
Try to listen to your own inner voice and journal it.
For the second question:
You need to find the strongest reason.
Ask yourself “Why do I want to do it at all?”
If you do not feel confident enough then gather knowledge, do some good research from appropriate sources. Take help from the experts of that field, be it books or people.
[ctt template=”5″ link=”15B_e” via=”yes” ]When you know what you want and why you want then your Mind and Heart will come together to show you the path.[/ctt]
That plan will be unique and customized for you, only you. No two persons are same. Similarly, the ways adopted by any two persons can never be the same.
Probability to succeed will be very high because your mind and heart are totally into it with you.
You just need to take action with courage and determination. Keep fears away. If you feel there’s a risk, manage it rather than avoiding the whole process.
Because nobody else will do it for you. It is you who can do this. And only you will have to walk the path on your own.
Because it is you, who knows you.
Pictures credit: Pexels